9 Comments

1. Cheri | WAH Inspiration
    July 24, 2016 @ 4:05 am

Hi Ilka!

These are some great points. Number 10 really hits home for me. I have a teenage son, and having my own confidence seems to solidify mutual respect. Kids can smell fear and uncertainty!

2. Najat Hodeib
    July 24, 2016 @ 7:34 am

Loved reading this article and the ideas are all right on! I hope as a parent I have been able to apply some and can use your tips to try some more ideas. Thank you for this inspiring piece.

3. 10 awesome ways for raising confident and happy kids Simplyilka
    July 25, 2016 @ 12:29 pm

[…] 10 awesome ways for raising confident and happy kids […]

4. David Hartshorne
    July 25, 2016 @ 5:28 pm

Hi Ilka,

Good to hear you got the thumbs up from your kids!
    10 great tips here – all equally important I think.
    My kids have grown up now but I do have a grandchild on the way, and I these tips will serve as a reminder for all the positive actions we should be taking with him.

Thanks
    – David

5. Laura J. Tong
    July 25, 2016 @ 6:16 pm

This is such a positive post filled with great strategies Ilka. I love that you’ve included stepping back and letting kids make their own decisions and choices. Growing up, being left to my devices pretty much as my parents were super busy running a business, I can look back and see how lucky I am even now as those early days of making a lot of my own choices and decisions set me up to be a lot more confident than so many friends with very protective parents. Also I’m so delighted that you’ve included ‘A quite kid that rests in itself can be just as confident and happy as a kid that is always the center of attention.’ Recognizing a child’s individuality is absolutely critical to helping them develop healthy self-esteem and also respect for others. Thanks for sharing such great insights.

6. Ilka
    August 13, 2016 @ 10:16 am

Hi Cheri!

Thanks for your insights. You are right, kids can smell fear and uncertainty. I’m glad you have found a way of mutual respect with your son. It makes life easier for both of you.

Have a great day, Ilka

7. Ilka
    August 13, 2016 @ 10:18 am

Hi Najat!

Thanks for your encouraging thoughts. I’m sure you implemented some of the ideas already. And I’m glad to hear that you want to try some more. Keep going.

All the Best, Ilka

8. Ilka
    August 13, 2016 @ 10:21 am

Hi David!

I’m glad you liked the post. Congratulations for your grandson. That is fantastic. I’m sure you will be a great role model 🙂

All the Best, Ilka

9. Ilka
    August 13, 2016 @ 10:31 am

Hi Laura!

Thanks for sharing your valuable insight here.

I’m glad you had a chance to develop your own ideas and to learn to make your own decisions at an early age. This is very precious.

You are right that it is absolutely critical to respect a kid’s individuality. A kid needs the feeling that it is right just the way it is.

Have a great day and thanks again for sharing, Ilka